Thank you for visiting our scam alert page.
Unfortunately our industry is known for including companies who scam shoppers. Our company assures that none of these practices have anything to do with our organization. We work diligently to assure our shoppers are treated equitably and fairly. If you have ever been asked to pay an up-front fee to perform any type of shop, we encourage you to:
- Find out exactly what you paid for
- Consider disputing the charge. There is a good chance it is fraudulent
- Verify that any correspondence is actually from the company you are looking to work with.
Understand, Shopper Critique will always contact you through professional channels. We will email you from our company emails, or call you from our office phones. You will NEVER receive any checks from us in advance of a shop. If you receive such a correspondence, we ask that you immediately contact us. Do not deposit checks for shops you have not completed. Do not wire any money as part of a mystery shop transaction.
If you believe you have been scammed, you may consider doing the following:
- Contact us immediately
- Contact your local law enforcement agency
- Contact the FTC to file a complaint
To find a list of reputable Mystery Shopping Agencies, please visit the MSPA website or contact us directly for a list.