Key Automotive Industry Performance Issues
The Automotive Industry is more competitive than ever, and we understand the pressure that each OEM is under to move inventory through its distribution chains, as well as the need for each dealership to capitalize on every sales opportunity presented in-person, on the phone or via the internet. Maximum sales performance equals maximum revenue, and Shoppers’ Critique International has a proven suite of measurement and marketing tools to ensure your executives at the OEM or at the dealership are creating the best possible sales environment to drive profits and deepen customer loyalty, from the Z-MOT (zero moment of truth) through closure. Compiled from over 40 years of gathering customer intelligence for this industry, Shoppers’ Critique has put together a quick list of the key issues that are historically examined by our best automobile industry clients, which includes:
- Are our sales people following training and protocol?
- Do we create a welcoming and friendly sales environment?
- Who is submitting internet leads, and why do they “push the button”?
- Which potential sales are falling through the cracks?
- Do our sales people come across as knowledgeable?
- How valuable are third party (i.e. Dealix) leads in my sales mixture?
- How do prospects and customers feel about us and our brand?
- Which operational adjustments can garner higher returns?
- Are we consistently responsive to internet and phone leads?
- What are people saying about us on Facebook?
- How does our sales experience compare with our competitors?
- What are our perceived negatives and how do we reduce them?
- Is collateral being used as prescribed and displayed properly?
- How do our locations stack up against each other?
- What could we do differently on our website to create a stronger sales capture?
- What percentages of our leads are Hunters, Fishers or Tire-Kickers?
Customer Intelligence Best Practices for the Automotive Industry
Acquiring and maintaining exceptional customer service levels requires the ability to consistently gather and measure data and feedback throughout your value chain. Below are the most prominent areas that the clients of Shoppers’ Critique International use to gather customer intelligence and improve overall performance.
- New Car Sales
- Pre-Owned Car Sales
- Parts Department
- Service & Oil Change
- Finance Department
- Rental Car Divisions
- Internet/Phone Leads
- Customer Profile
- Competitor Analysis
Benefit from our long-time experience in the automotive industry by requesting a consultation today. We can help you develop a customized plan to address the needs you know you have, and the ones you didn’t even know existed.
Recommended Measurement Tools Include:
- On-Site Mystery Shops
- On-Site Audio Shops
- On-Site Video Shops
- Phone Shops (Recorded or Non-Recorded)
- Internet Shops
- Competitor Shops
- Neuro-Economic Profiling
- Web Surveys of Purchasers
- Employee Climate Surveys
- Market-Defining/Sales Behavioral Focus Groups
- Employee/Brand Loyalist Focus Groups
- Social Media Monitoring